- A perfect smile is rapidly becoming the North American icon,
- More than 92% of adults agree that an attractive smile is an important social asset,
- More than 85% of men and women feel that an attractive smile makes a person more appealing, and
- Only 50% of North Americans are satisfied with their smile and appearance,
…many researchers believe that less invasive cosmetic alternatives to looking younger are better and safer. All types of removable dental prostheses offered at Waterdown Denture Clinic® provide significant anti-aging results to anyone with reservations about invasive procedures like toxic injections and cosmetic surgery.
Dentures, partial dentures and implants can improve a person’s appearance in many ways. Almost all patients experience bony ridge shrinkage as time goes by. At some point in time, many will lose so much bone that dentures will settle into a much deeper position than that for which they were first made. This can cause the corners of the mouth to form deep folds and wrinkles. The chin will come closer to the nose as you close your mouth. This also moves the chin outward to produce an under-bite. Jaw joints do not function in the same position as before, producing TMJ pain in some individuals. Upper lips collapse, which creates a “caved-in” appearance and a more pronounced-looking nose. All of these signs and symptoms tend to make a person look older than they need to.
Our denturist can improve your smile and reduce the appearance of premature aging with additional techniques. For example, a “Pearl Effect” with soft contours is generally preferred by female patients – the teeth are delicately positioned to enhance each patient’s femininity and blend perfectly with their facial features. For our male patients, we use tooth shapes with strong characteristics that are positioned boldly to give a more masculine appearance.
By taking your age and personality into account, Raymond Kulik DD can further individualize your dentures, partial dentures or implant dentures so they will fill in sunken areas and lift skin without surgery or down time.
The appearance of pre-mature aging can be also caused by:
- Artificial-looking, non-reflective denture teeth
- Stained teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Dull cutting edges that lead to shrinkage of underlying bony structures and difficulty chewing food
- Excessively worn or missing posterior (back) teeth, which promote wrinkles around the mouth
If you are uneasy about your smile or the way you look, you owe it to yourself to explore the possibilities of smile-enhancing techniques offered at the Waterdown Denture Clinic®.